Monday, August 26, 2013

The 5:30 am club

Well, the 5:30 am club met for the first time today and I can safely say both members are alive and awake. (Ask me at 9 pm tonight and you might get another answer....)

In an effort to get the most out of their days, Carolyn Mahoney writes in Shopping for Time about waking up at 5:30 am to start her day with the Lord and phone call to her daughters, the other members of her 5:30 am club.  Her days are fuller and the best use is made out of them because she has gotten up early and started her day before most people are awake. 

A friend and I have begun to embark on this 5:30 am journey as well... Want to join us??? Definitely feel free to text or call us at 5:30 am to see if we are awake.  (I promise I won't hate at you for it.)

This is what it took to get me downstairs this morning :D

2 comments:

  1. gaaaaah! you are a good 45 minutes ahead of where i want to be! i really, really need the discipline of rising early and starting my day well... i blame it on being pregnant and tired, but really i think it's plain old laziness. thanks for the motivation to get started a tad earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you can do it!! :D And I don't judge you for using being pregnant as your excuse ;) It's a highly commendable and noteworthy one!

    ReplyDelete